Saturday, October 09, 2004

Final Countdown

We're down to 69 days until the wedding, which means we're inside the 10 weeks left mark (11 weeks until Christmas for all you shoppers out there). Saturday, while in Tupelo, Kevin and I finished registering at McRae's. Kevin was a good sport. He had fun picking stuff out, especially kitchen stuff. If you know him at all, you know he's a sucker for gadgets. He has is eye on a particular coffee pot and a salad spinner...cracks me up.

Monday, our wedding invitations were not delivered by UPS. You may think that this seems like no big deal, except that a small portion of them were found beside a pregnant woman's (who by the way was IN labor) mailbox three miles down the road. She found a box of response envelopes with my name and address on them and had her sister call me. Kevin went to pick them up. I was so disappointed. My wonderful husband-to-be called UPS and the invitation company to straighten everything out, though. He always takes care of things. You know what really makes me angry about the whole thing is that it's obvious that the small box of envelopes just slid out of a bigger box. They weren't damaged at all. I think the driver just didn't want to deliver what was left of the box. Instead, he marked down that they were delivered to the house at a certain time. When Kevin called UPS, at first they didn't want to help and said that they had been delivered at a certain time and date. Kev questioned how that could be so when the pregnant lady had found part of the package at her house by the road. Kevin the hero prevailed! They should be delivered Monday.

Also on Monday, I picked up some decoration stuff for the reception and church. I picked up calligraphy pens for the invitations, too. I was expecting the invitations...ha! Fat chance! Guess I'll save them for now.

Wednesday, some of the bridesmaids' dresses and shoes came in. I have been so busy I haven't called to find out which ones. I'll do that today. I'm so excited! I can't wait!

Friday, the wedding favors came in. During the debate last night, I was tying ribbons on them. Can't tell you what they are, but Kevin loved them.

No comments: