Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Well, apparently, our birthmother had really strong Braxton Hicks for several hours last night. They were bad enough that she finally had to spend the night in the hospital being monitored. She was given something to rest and sent home around lunch today. They sounded pretty bad. I called right in the middle of them. She sounded like she was in labor. I talked to her twice today. She is back home and in bed resting with a heating pad. I can't tell you how difficult it was for me to be in Alabama. It's too early for her to have the baby, but I think she's ok. They told her the contractions would come frequently and worsen from now until the time she delivers. Poor thing! I feel terrible for her. You know, I really can't begin to describe our relationship. It's unlike I've ever experienced. I care about her like a sister, but she's not my sister. I don't even know her like a friend. She will always be important to Kevin and me.

On a lighter note...Amanda's baby has dropped. She's due March 9th, but the doctor says that if Amanda can make it 3 more weeks and has begun to dilate, he'll induce the last week of February. Wouldn't you know it? That's when Kevin and I will be in Vancouver. I'm so excited for her. I hope it happens before we're gone.

No comments: