Sunday, August 06, 2006

Unnoticed Decorating

Kevin brings Jack and me small teddy bears from every state he travels through. We've collected quite a few. When KJ was out of town for a few days last week, I finally found the time to put many o f them in a corner net above the chest of drawers in Jack's room. The following is a conversation Kevin and I had a couple days after he returned:

Me: (standing in the nursery) Kevin, you didn't even notice Jack's room.

Kevin: (alone in the office) Sure I did, baby.

Me: No, you didn't. You would have said something.

Kevin: (sneaking down the hall to peek in the nursery, unaware that I'm already in there) Well, there are lot's of interesting things in Jack's room.

When he entered the room we both were laughing so hard at Kevin's incognito attempt to discover what I'd done to the nursery. He was so caught! It's feels good to have a big belly laugh like that sometimes. Life can become so busy that we don't take time to enjoy the simple things.

No comments: