Sunday, December 05, 2004

Bridesmaid Luncheon

I hosted a luncheon for my bridesmaids and my precious little flower girl on Saturday at Old Alabama Gift Company. Marchelle's catered it. What a busy place! They also had their Christmas open house, so there was a lot of activity. Mom, Katelyn, Amanda, Carolyn, and Joannie (with baby Josie in tote) were there. Robin couldn't make it because her Orange and Blue were in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta. She went to cheer them on. We all had a good time eating and passing Josie around. She was such a good baby, no a whimper the whole two hours she was there. One thing's for sure...her momma knows how to keep her happy. I can't wait to have one of my own. Katelyn's favorite part was drinking her grape juice out of a champagne glass. Our favorite part was drinking the champagne! There are only 13 days left until the wedding. Kevin's family arrives in 11 days. I thought this month would never get here, and now it's going so quickly. The Egans are busy with special plans for the rehearsal dinner. It's gonna be a real treat. We have to pay for poinsettias and the other half of the reception. I'm doing that on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday afternoon I have to pick up Kevin's ring from being sized and the napkins we ordered for the reception. I think that leaves paying for the cakes, decorating the church, and getting married...of course, Kevin still has a few items on his "to do" list, but I'm sure he'll check them off as soon as he's back in town on Friday night. Today I've had a cold, but nothing that Alkaseltzer Cold and Sinus could improve. I cleaned house and laid on the couch admiring the Christmas lights on the mantle and tree and the fire in the fireplace. It was so nice to take a little time for the holiday season. So far, we've only had time to purchase 3 gifts, and they came off of the internet. We're gonna get the rest next weekend before we go see A Christmas Carol at the Shakespeare Festival. We'll also be putting our lights up next weekend too. We haven't been home long enough to get them out of the boxes yet. I'm off to write thank you notes.

No comments: