Thursday, December 02, 2004

Count down continues!

We are only about two weeks away from the big day! Kevin and I are so excited. We have a million and one things to do. My good friend Carolyn called this morning to check on me. She just got married in October. We have ordered the napkins, gotten our marriage license, established how much alcohol we need for the reception, and done several other things which slip my mind right now. I'll be glad to have some free time in New Orleans with my new hubby. We had dinner with our musicians last night. That was a lot of fun. Cedric and Sarah are so sweet. I'm getting ready for the bridesmaid luncheon on Saturday. I hope everyone has a good time. We are still getting RSVPs for the reception. I'm feeling extremely overwhelmed right now, but I'm determined to keep a positive attitude about it. I have developed a pain in my neck which I think is caused by stress. I have fallen behind on thank you notes, but I think one good quiet evening will catch me up. I just haven't had one yet. I will have one on Sunday though, and that is only three days away. So, if you haven't received a thank you from me yet, it's not because I'm rude. It's because I'm swamped. I love you dearly, and Kevin and I are so excited about all the sweet and thoughtful gifts we've received for our new life together. On a different note I enjoyed a very nice Thanksgiving in Tupelo, MS and Memphis, TN with my husband-to-be and his wonderful family. The dinner was fantastic! Chef Tim is quite a cook. I learned how to make Kevin's favorite, spinach casserole, from his mother. So, he's thrilled about that. I had dressing with pork in it for the first time in my life. It was yummy! My favorite was the desserts! Tim really went all out for everyone. Tim and Bonnie were so nice to set a place for Kevin's father, the late Jack Riley. We thought that was especially nice and plan to follow suit at the rehearsal dinner. In addition to planning the wedding and taking my class back over from a month-long intern, I've been trying to get the house decorated for mine and Kevin's first Christmas together. What a job! We both have so many Christmas decorations. Finding them and getting them organized has been quite a task. We have so many things to be thankful for. I can't wait to be married to Kevin. It'll just be nice to finally have a break after the wedding.

No comments: