Saturday, October 01, 2005

I am thrilled to say that I am the newest mentor/advisor of elementary education students at a rapidly growing university. The benefits are awesome! I'll be working from home. I've decided that I will volunteer at the local elementary schools for an hour or so a day a few days each week to help out with struggling students. That is and always has been my passion. I haven't told my children at school, yet. I'm really dreading that. I fly back out to Utah for several days of training in October. I love it out there. The scenery is beautiful. I love that the university treats educators like professionals. That's something that doesn't really happen in the traditional elementary classroom. Most of all, I'm excited that I'll be able to stay in the field of education while taking care of my baby at home.

No comments: