Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I talked with my principal today about "retiring." It sounds so weird to think about that. I've been teaching for 10 years though, and I'm vested. So, I won't lose money. He was willing to work with me and was very excited about my new position. Monday will be my last day teaching in the classroom. I'll continue to make lesson plans for the sub until my retirement date though. I'm trying to get that done in advance...we'll see, I'm about 1/3 of the way finished and KJ is out of town until Friday evening. So, I think it's possible. I have enough sick days saved to get me through the end of November. So, my official retirement date is December 1. Of course I'll be working for the University by the end of October. So, for a little while, I'll be earning two salaries...just in time for the holidays...yippee! Also, I get to fly back out to Utah for a few days of training. I'm excited to see the mountains again. They're so breathtaking!

No comments: