Saturday, September 17, 2005

Since beginning the quest for adoption, there have been good days and bad. It's very much a rollercoaster ride. You want to be excited, but then you're afraid to be. Now I understand how an expectant mother feels when she's excited to be carrying her baby, but afraid that something bad might happen, regardless of how likely the circumstance. I've often said to Kevin that I'd feel better if I had just one little, teeny-weeny, bit of good news. Well, it came yesterday.

First of all, we have a 3rd opportunity for a baby that is due to be born Feb.10. She received our profile yesterday. We are waiting for a conference call to be set up with the birthmother. Based on the background knowledge we have of the mother and her family we feel a really strong connection to her. We know that God will send us the child he plans for us to parent in his time, whether this one is it or not.

Secondly, I have been searching for a job in the field of education that I can do from a home office. I sent in a vitae for one this week. The university I applied to has already called for a phone interview. If all goes well I'll be flying out to meet face-to-face with the Dean of Education in a week or two. It has really good benefits and pay. I'm really excited about it and will share more when I know more. Our phone interview lasted for almost an hour and a half.

I'm gearing up for a big day of football. All is great and wonderful today.

No comments: