Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring is in the air!!!

If you hate flowers or spring, you'll probably want to skip this entry...

Kevin and I ended the week with some private time today. We had a great time working in the yard together. We made a new flower bed at the top of the driveway. We planted red azaleas, tea rose trees, and juniper in it. We covered the bed with red lava rocks, and completed the the little garden with a hanging flower box (overhead on the privacy fence) of pink and yellow rose moss. I'll have to post a picture soon. I love planting flowers; it's so therapeutic! We also planted yellow and pink lantana on the side of the house. I can't wait for it to fill in.

The marigolds, petunias, begonias, and geraniums from last year have come back and the crepe myrtle we cut back is budding. I've added some new ferns to the back porch to replace the ones that died during the winter. They're just to messy to bring in during the cold. I added two planters of mixed impatiens and other annuals by the back door. I planted some new purple petunias in a couple of places in the front beds and added light and dark pink geraniums to the window boxes. Mexican Heather is coming back in, and I hung three baskets of mini purple petunias (I think...) in the front beds. All in all, I'm pretty proud. I just hope we can keep them alive while we're out of town in April.

No comments: