- I've shaved almost a half hour off my morning "get dressed" routine...no conditioner, no styling products, no hair dryer, no straightener!
- I can go swimming without worrying about my hair looking ratty afterward.
- Hairs found on dinner plates do NOT belong to me.
- My head sweats much more than I realized. I just don't have hair to absorb it.
- I can ride with the windows down in the car anytime I want...not a hair out of place...or IN place for that matter.
- Wigs are fun!
- Wigs are HOT!
- Square scarves are difficult to find these days, and tying them isn't any easier.
- The sun is hotter on a bald head than dark brown hair.
- People really pay attention to your earrings when they are visible.
- Ears are easier to fold forward on a pillow when you don't have hair to reduce friction.
- People are actually bold enough to ask you what happened to your hair. CanNOT believe that one.
- It's important to alternate the way you lay your baby the crib. My mother made sure I did that for Jack. You never know when others are going to see the TRUE shape of your baby's head. Better safe than sorry!
- For some reason, I'm still holding on to my old hairbrushes. Seems like I deserve new ones when I have new hair.
- Remember when your mom told you that you'd end up wearing glasses one day if you called others "four eyes?" Well, the same is true of giving others a hard time on their receding hairlines.
- Hair doesn't define you. You do.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Since I've lost almost all of my hair, even my eyebrows and eyelashes are starting to come out, I thought it might be interesting to share some random thoughts about not having hair...for those of you who don't know what it's like.